Awards and Recognition
Plantronics' commitment to environmentally sound manufacturing processes, as well as to recycling and waste management, is longstanding. Our dedication has been recognized throughout the years by cities, government agencies and other organizations.
- Plantronics Upcoming China Manufacturing Facility. Plantronics will use best practices in industry and apply as many as possible to this initiative. Areas such as the ones listed below will be pursued and analyzed in detail:
- Plantronics commitment to managing our facilities and work environments is guided by Leadership on Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
- Factory Mutual: Plantronics does not intend to pursue certification as Factory Mutual but will implement several aspects of the program in the design of the site.
- Plamex, Plantronics Mexico, is in the process of being certified as a Clean Industry, which is a self-regulatory environmental status awarded by the Mexican Government.
- Plamex, Plantronics Mexico, received a Recognition Award from ECS Refining for our dedication to the responsible recycling of environmentally sensitive materials
- Plamex, Plantronics Mexico, received an Achievement Award from the Mexican Environmental Protection Agency for the outstanding application of environmental protection programs.
- Plamex, Plantronics Mexico, received a Recognition Award from the City of San Diego, awarding the waste reduction and recycling program shown by Plamex.
- Plamex, Plantronics Mexico, received a WasteWise Award from the US EPA, for commitment to improve reduction and recycling programs of residues.
- Plamex, Plantronics Mexico, received a SEMARNAP Award from the Mexican Protection Agency, for the excellent environmental improvements to production processes and facilities.