Smarter working just got smarter - introducing Smarter Apps
Almost every app you use could be classified as a "dumb app" – they require some form of instruction from you before they start to work. Imagine if the apps that made it easier to connect, collaborate and communicate with your colleagues worked automatically. As you work smarter, shouldn't your apps work smarter too?
That's why Plantronics are launching Smarter Apps. With a single action you will soon be able to:
- Optimise audio quality depending on your environment
- Lock your PC when you step away from your desk to ensure privacy/security and reduce energy usage
- Set your presence status automatically based on headset detected user states
- Answer your call as soon as the headset is worn
- Pass caller information from your mobile to your PC/Cloud based apps to bring contextual information to you when needed and to help shift the call to the best screen available for improved collaboration.
What is powering this change?
The headset. It makes using apps more intuitive by recognising your wearing state, proximity to devices, presence and caller information. We call it "Contextual Intelligence".
What does this mean for business?
Contextual Intelligence transforms the user experience and enables new ways of working not possible before. This will enable a broad range of applications to better serve the user and help to improve collaboration and business-critical workflows.
- ACD/Contact Centre