To set up your CS500 series system with your desk phone:
- Plug one end of the power supply into the power jack on the back of the base and the other end into a power outlet. The Power On indicator light should glow solid white.
- Disconnect the handset coil cord from the desk phone and plug it to the telephone interface cable junction box.
- Plug one end of the telephone interface cable to the back of the base and the remaining end into the open handset port on the desk phone.
- Charge the headset for at least 20 minutes before first use (full charge takes 3 hours).
- If your desk phone has a volume control, set it to mid-range.
- Look at the bottom panel of the base and make sure the default settings are correct. NOTE: For most phones, the factory default settings will sound the best:
Listening volume dial = 3
Speaking volume dial = 3
Configuration switch = A
- Remove the handset from the desk phone cradle.
- While wearing your headset, press the call button on the headset.
- If you do not hear a dial tone, adjust the configuration switch (A-G) until you do.
- Dial a test call from the desk phone. If needed, fine tune the volume with the headset volume controls. You can also adjust the desk phone speaking and listening volumes on the bottom of the base.
Note If your phone has a built-in headset port, you should only use it if you will not be using the HL10 lifter. In this configuration, you must press both the headset button on your phone and the call control button on the headset to answer or end calls.