Voyager 510-USB: How to Set Up with an Avaya IP Softphone
How do I set up Avaya IP softphone for Voyager 510-USB?
Before using Voyager 510-USB with Avaya IP softphones, please read Voyager user guide and download the latest PerSonoCall® software from the Plantronics website: http://www.plantronics.com/europe_union/en_GB/support/softwaredownloads/personocall.jhtml. Then, following the instructions in the user guide, install your Plantronics USB Bluetooth adapter and turn on the Voyager headset.
To get good sound quality, you must follow the steps below before making your first telephone call with Avaya IP softphone.
- Start Plantronics PerSonoCall. On the BASIC OPTIONS tab, make sure "Lock headset radio link on" is set to ON. Then click the APPLY button. Check that you see a flashing blue light on the USB adapter. This indicates that the Bluetooth radio link to the headset is open.
- Now start the Avaya IP softphone.
- Go to the AUDIO menu.
- Now click on TUNING WIZARD
- Set Primary Playback Device to "Plantronics BT Adapter."
- Set Recording Device to "Plantronics BT Adapter" and click NEXT.
- Using the checkbox below, enable a secondary ring device.
- Set the secondary playback device to the name of your sound card connected to your loudspeakers then click NEXT.
- On the next page, select "Headset or Handset" as the audio device. Click NEXT.
- In the Audio Tuning Wizard, click TEST and make sure that the test sound can be heard from the Voyager headset. Then click NEXT.
- On the next page, select the option labelled "use the following microphone recording level" but do not change the slider control below. Then click NEXT.
- On the next page, carefully follow the instructions provided by Avaya to check the background noise level, then click NEXT.
- On the final page, click FINISH.
- Now select AUDIO on the IP softphone window.
- From the drop-down menu, select OPTIONS.
- On the Audio Options window, move the Transmit Gain slider so that it is set to a value of 0.50 (the number to the right of the slider).
- Click CLOSE.
- Go back to PerSonoCall and un-check the option to "lock headset radio link on" and then click APPLY. The LED on the USB adaptor should go back to a steady blue light.
You are now ready to begin using Avaya IP softphone with Voyager 510-USB! Note: Always use the same USB port when you plug the Plantronics USB adapter into the PC. If you use a different port, you should re-run the Audio tuning wizard and follow the procedure above.