BUA100: How to Install on XP/Vista
Article ID :
How do I installing a Plantronics BUA100 Bluetooth adapter?
XP / VISTA Installation
If you wish to continue using your desktop speakers for playing music and the headset for internet calls, please skip the bottom of this entry. After inserting the Plantronics USB adapter, wait for Windows to finish installing the device drivers. Now please click on the Start button down the bottom left and then click on Control Panel.
For Windows XP
, click "Sounds and Audio Devices", then click the Audio tab to see your current audio device settings. In both the drop down menus for "Sound Playback" and "Sound Recorder", please select "Plantronics BT adapter" then click the Apply button.
For Windows Vista
, click "Sound".
- You will now be in the "Playback" tab.
- Please click on the "Plantronics BT adapter" to high light it and click on the "Set Default" button at the bottom of the window. You should now see a green tick next to the Plantronics BT adapter.
- Please now click on the "Properties" button at the bottom and then the levels tab.
- Please now set the volume to between 50 and 70% as a good starting point.
- Lastly please make sure that the mute button on the right does not have a red highlight on it. If it does please click on it to toggle it back to a blue highlight.
- Click OK to close the Properties window.
- Click the "Recording" tab and follow the above steps again.
This being done, the Voyager headset should automatically become the default audio device when you plug it into that specific USB port. When it is not plugged in Windows should revert to using your standard default audio device. This is section is for using the headset for internet calls and your desktop speakers for music. To action the above please plug in the USB adapter to your preferred USB port and allow Windows to install drivers if you haven't already done so. Now please click on the Start button down the bottom left and click on Control Panel.
For Windows XP
, click "Sounds and Audio devices". Now click the Audio tab to see your current audio device settings. Once here please select your preferred audio device (sound card) that you wish your music or other programs to be playing through.
For Windows Vista
, please now click on "Sound". You will now be in the "Playback" tab. Once here please select your preferred audio device (sound card) that you wish your music or other programs to be playing through, and click on set default; you will see a green tick highlight against the preferred device at this point. Please now perform the same action in the recording tab. With this being done, the Voyager headset will not be used for audio unless your softphone application is specifically set up to use it. Many softphone applications, including Skype have settings to select a specific audio device for VoIP calls. Consult your softphone instructions to find out how to change the audio device it uses. You should first plug in the USB adapter, then change the softphone's default audio devices to "Plantronics BT adapter". Skype have useful information on setting up audio devices here: