PerSonoCall Software: How to Install
How do I install PerSonoCall?
PerSonoCall software provides these additional headset features:
- Windows XP and Vista
- Windows 7 (not yet fully tested)
- Skype calling for Mac OS 10.4 to 10.5.6 only
- Not compatible with Mac
Note: The PerSonoCall features have been added to a new software called PerSonoSuite. This software is primarily intended for use with the new Savi Office Wireless headset system, but can also be used for products which formally used PerSonoCall.
To install PerSonoCall:
Step 1: Install
- Install PerSonoCall from disk or download (click here for the current version).
- Once installed, a headset icon should appear in the icon tray. A red X appears on the icon until you install a compatible audio device (e.g., CS50-USB, Voyager 510-USB, .Audio 910, Calisto Pro, or DA45).
Step 2: Configure
- Install a compatible soft phone. Click here to view compatible soft phones.
- Select Plantronics as the default audio device and test.
- If the red X does not disappear from the headset icon when the Plantronics device is installed, try restarting the computer and/or plugging into a different USB port.
- Most compatible softphones appear in the Soft Phone Status box on the Current Status tab in PerSonoCall. If your softphone does not appear there or is listed in the PerSonoCall Softphone Compatibility Table, PerSonoCall will not work.
- If the Calisto Pro fails to install correctly with a compatible system, unplug the USB and power supply connection to reset.
- The 1720 Error is a common Windows error message. The 1720 Error can sometimes be caused by a hung program running in the background or, more commonly, a corrupted registry file. Use CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the Windows Task Manager. If any program is listed as "Not Responding," select it, and then click the End Task button. Next, uninstall PerSonoCall, and restart your computer. Finally, download and install PerSonoCall from here.
- Softphone vendors Counterpath (Eyebeam 1.5) and Nortel (IP2050) have incorporated PerSonoCall features directly into their softphones. To enable these features, install PerSonoCall, but do not run it. Your should not see the headset icon in your system tray.
- If the problem continues, please contact our Technical Assistance Center.