The IP40 PoE is a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based Voice over IP (VoIP) audio processor that support Power of Ethernet (PoE).
The IP40 registers with a SIP proxy to provide a direct media path from the Ethernet to a Plantronics headset without the need for an IP phone or PC.
- Headset port
- Ethernet to PC port
- Ethernet to network port (PoE)
- Ethernet cable to PC (optional, not supplied)
- Ethernet cable to network (supplied)
- Power socket
- Power adapter (not supplied)
- Volume up/down control button
- Mute button including indicator LED
- Call answer button including indicator LED
- Power indicator
- Quick Disconnect™ (QD)
- Network Ethernet port
To connect the adapter:
- Connect the IP40 to the data network. Put one end of the Ethernet cable (supplied) into the IP40 network port and the other end into a data network port.
- Optionally, you may also connect an cable from your PC (not supplied) into the IP40 allowing the IP40 and PC to share a single network socket.
- If your data network port supports Power over Ethernet (PoE), the unit will power up indicated by the power LED flashing green. If you are not using PoE, you may connect a Plantronics power adapter (not supplied) into the IP40 and plug it into your power source. The power indicator will be lit solid green once the device has completed the start-up routine.
- Connect the Quick Disconnect™ cord (QD) into the headset port and route the cable along the underside of the IP40.
- Plug a Plantronics headset into the Quick Disconnect cord (QD).