Supply Chain Transparency
California Transparency In Supply Chains Disclosure
Plantronics expects its supply chain to reflect Plantronics’ values and respect for human rights. Plantronics’ efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking in its supply chain include the following:
- Written Policies and Procedures: Plantronics maintains written policies and procedures that prohibit the use of slavery or human trafficking in its direct supply chain.
- Supplier Selection, Qualification and Evaluation: Plantronics purchasing and supplier management policies and procedures require the completion of supplier surveys of potential suppliers. These surveys are conducted by Plantronics personnel and include verifying supplier compliance with labor laws, including laws banning slavery and human trafficking.
- Supplier Agreements: Plantronics’ agreements with its suppliers and its PO Terms & Conditions require suppliers to comply with all applicable laws, including fair labor laws.
- Supplier Code of Conduct: Plantronics requires its suppliers to certify their compliance with the Plantronics Supplier Code of Conduct. This includes compliance with provisions requiring suppliers to adopt sound labor practices and treat their workers fairly and in accordance with local laws and regulations. Additionally, suppliers shall not use any forced labor, whether in the form of human trafficking, slavery, prison labor, indentured labor, bonded labor, or otherwise. Suppliers shall not incorporate into their products materials which were produced using forced labor.
- Audits: Plantronics personnel assess ongoing conformance to the requirements of its supplier policies and procedures. Conformance is assessed by reports of supplier self-audits and by supplier monitoring by Plantronics personnel. Supplier monitoring by Plantronics personnel includes on-site inspections of facilities, use of questionnaires or report cards, review of publicly available information and other measures deemed necessary to assess suppliers’ performance.
- Accountability Standards: Plantronics’ agreements with its suppliers and the Plantronics Supplier Code of Conduct permit the termination of any supplier found in violation of the laws banning forced labor, slavery and human trafficking. For Plantronics employees, Plantronics Code of Conduct requires compliance with workplace laws in each jurisdiction in which Plantronics does business. Employees found in violation of applicable labor laws, may be disciplined up to and including termination.
- Employee Training: Plantronics provides training for employees whose job functions include procurement and/or supplier quality that emphasizes the importance of having Plantronics’ suppliers abide by the Plantronics Supplier Code of Conduct, including prohibitions on slavery and human trafficking.
It is vitally important to Plantronics that all persons involved in the manufacture of its products, including Plantronics employees and all members of its supply chain, are treated with dignity and respect. Plantronics will continue to review its policies and procedures as necessary to provide appropriate protections against any mistreatment of persons involved in its direct supply chain.