With over 3,000 employees contributing their talents from California to England to China, our global team is our most valuable asset. We encourage our employees to stay involved with their communities and the environment, and support them in numerous ways, including:
Corporate Headquarters (Santa Cruz, CA)
- Onsite health and wellness programs: Pilates, yoga, Weight Watchers, massage, bi-annual health and wellness fairs, and monthly physician led health seminars.
- Fitness benefits: Gym discounts, bike lockers, outside basketball and volleyball courts, close access to local hiking, biking, and running trails
- Earth Day fairs: Every year, local organizations visit our headquarters to provide education on organic gardening, composting, water conservation, and beach cleanup days.
Plantronics México (Tijuana, Mexico)
- Best Place to Work in Mexico: In 2011, the Great Place to Work® Institute named Plamex the "Best Place to Work" in Mexico. This award is based on a national survey of employees who rate their companies on credibility, respect, fairness, pride, and camaraderie. Plamex was also chosen as a "Great Place to Work for Women" in 2010.
- Valentine's Day weddings: Plamex hosts an annual wedding ceremony for employees who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford one. Nearly 600 people have been married at Plamex over the past 11 years.
- Employee satisfaction: With career development, kids' days, parenting and antidrug classes, and rewards for high performance, Plamex has one of the industry's lowest turnover rates.
- Health checks: The Human Resources department organizes annual health check-ups for all associates.
- World Car Free Day: Associates in Suzhou, China, arranged a "No Car Day" to encourage a more environmentally friendly way to get to work (by shuttle bus, bicycle, or walking).
- "Shining Ideas on Global Citizenship": Our office in Suzhou, China, created a competition to collect ideas for corporate improvement that management is now considering for implementation like asking for training on safety knowledge and looking at ways to save water.
- Employee satisfaction: Our European office scored 84% in a survey that was carried out to assess satisfaction/engagement after the Smarter Office refurbishment and introduction of Smarter Working.
- Fitness benefits: Gym membership and bicycle purchase schemes and team sport activities, including a Plantronics team for basketball, football, and bowling with local tournaments with other business companies.
- Health: Through our health insurance program, we provide refunds for stopping to smoke courses, health style advices, health check once a year, among other things.