Calisto P420/P420-M Speakerphone: How to Set Up
Article ID :
How do I set up the Calisto P420 Speakerphone?
To Connect the USB Speakerphone to PC
About the External Speakers/Headphone Connection
- Connect the USB cable to the USB port on the back of the speakerphone.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the USB port on your computer. A blue light illuminates through the buttons on the top of the unit indicating the speakerphone is powered on and operating.
The P420 is equipped with a 3.5mm stereo headphones / external speaker connector. Connecting your computer's loudspeakers (or headphones) to the P420 will disable the P420's internal speaker. Your computer's audio (music, VoIP communication, or any other) will be passed through to the external speakers, maintaining the same sound quality your computer can deliver. While the internal speaker is disabled when using this connection, the P420'sinternal microphone is still functional.
To Confirm the P420-M is Configured as Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 and Lync Default Device
MCD100-M works plug-and-play with Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 and requires no drivers or additional software. For most computers, MCD100-M should become the default speakerphone device when connected to your computer. To ensure the P420-M is configured properly as the Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 speakerphone, follow these steps:
- Click the drop-down arrow on the upper left corner.
- Click Tools, and then click Set Up Audio and Video. The Microsoft Office Communicator/Lync Audio and Video wizard appears:
- If the P420-M is the only device you are going to use with MOC/Lync, then from the Handset or Headset drop-down list, select the P420-M. Otherwise, select the desired device. Click Next. The following screen appears:
- From the Speaker/Microphone or Speakerphone drop-down list, select P420-M.
- At this point you may click the Test button to play a tone through the MCD100-M speaker and adjust the speaker volume. For Windows XP the speaker slider will not adjust the volume on P420-M (because of how P420-M is required to enumerate to meet Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 Certification requirements), so you have to adjust the volume using the P420-M volume controls. You can, however, adjust the microphone using the slider. Both sliders operate correctly in Windows Vista. Click Next. The following screen appears:
- Set the audio output location for your Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 program sounds. It is recommended that you use your PC speakers for this setting if you have a sound card and speakers available because system sounds can be distracting when played through P420-M during a call. Click Finish.
NOTE: Step 6, above, only controls Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 system sounds. You hae to manage Windows system sounds through "Sounds and Audio Devices" in Control Panel. To make any further adjustments to Windows audio:
- For Windows XP, click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices. From there, click the Audio tab and make any further adjustments to P420-M settings for Sound Playback (speaker) or Sound Recording (Microphone).
- For Windows Vista, click Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound - Manage Audio Devices. From there, click the Playback tab and make any further adjustments to P420-M (speaker) settings. Finally, click the Recording tab and make any further adjustments to the P420-M (microphone) settings.