Voyager 510-USB: How to Configure with the Avaya IP Softphone
How do I set up Avaya IP softphone for Voyager 510-USB?
Before using Voyager 510-USB with Avaya IP softphones, you should read the user guide and download the latest PerSonoCall.
Part 1: Install the hardware and software
- Install your Plantronics USB Bluetooth adapter and turn on the Voyager headset.
- Install Plantronics PerSonoCall.
Part 2: Run the Audio Tuning Wizard
- Start PerSonoCall.
- On the Basic Options tab, set "Lock headset radio link on" to On, then click Apply. You should have a flashing blue light on the USB adapter, which indicates that the Bluetooth radio link to the headset is open.
- Start the Avaya IP softphone.
- Click the Audio menu, and then click Tuning Wizard.
- Set the Primary Playback Device to Plantronics BT Adapter.
- Set the Recording Device to Plantronics BT Adapter, and then click Next.
- Set the secondary playback device to the name of your sound card, and then click Next.
- Select Headset or Handset as the Audio Device, and then click Next.
- Click Test, and make sure that you can hear sound in the headset.
- Click Next.
- Select the "Use the following microphone recording level" option, and then click Next. Note: Do not change the slider control.
- Follow the instructions provided by Avaya for checking the background noise level, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Part 3: Set the Transmit Audio Options
- In the Avaya softphone, click the Audio menu, and then click Options. The Audio Options window appears.
- Set the Transmit Gain to 0.50.
- Click Close.
- Go back to PerSonoCall.
- On the Basic Options tab, set "Lock headset radio link on" to Off, then click Apply. You should have a solid blue light on the USB adapter.
Note: Always use the same USB port when you plug the Plantronics USB adapter into the PC. If you use a different port, you should repeat the procedure above.