- Products and Solutions
- Business Solutions
- Personal Audio
- Looking for?
- How to Buy
Plantronics, Inc., including its group of companies, ("Plantronics"), is committed to protecting the privacy of consumers visiting our websites and purchasing our products and services. Plantronics wishes to maintain a safe and secure environment for all users of our online products and services.
Visit Plantronics’ EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) web page for more information about GDPR and Plantronics.
- through our mobile app Plantronics Hub™ for Android and iOS,
- through Plantronics Hub for Windows/Mac,
- through Plantronics Manager™,
- through our service Plantronics Manager Pro™
- through our service Habitat Soundscaping.
From time to time Plantronics may offer new products and/or services which may fall within the scope of this policy, which will be updated as needed. Please check back with us periodically to stay informed.
- What Information Does Plantronics Collect?
- How Does Plantronics Use My Information?
- Does Plantronics Disclose My Personal Information?
- Data Retention
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only)
- Social Media Features and Widgets
- What About Security of Data Transmission?
- International Data Transfers
Plantronics will collect personal information from our users for different purposes. The following lists the ways in which we collect personal information from our users and the type of information collected:
Information you provide voluntarily
- Account creation: To purchase products and to obtain other services offered on the Website, a user has to register an account by completing a questionnaire online. Through the completion of the questionnaire by a user we typically collect the following information: (i) full name; (ii) address; (iii) e-mail address; (iv) credit card information; (v) password; and (vi) nickname. The provision of this personal information is mandatory and if you choose not to submit the requested information we will not be able to provide you with the products or services offered on the Website.
All users can access the Website without being a registered user. However, you will not be able to access certain areas or purchase our products or services online if you are not a registered online user.
- Product registration: To register your purchased product online, we request the following information: (i) full name; (ii) email address; and (iii) purchase date. The provision of this information is mandatory in order to register your purchase online. The provision of the remaining information requested on the product registration form is optional.
- Reseller applications: To become a Plantronics authorized reseller, a user must complete an online application. By virtue of our online application we collect personal information such as the user's full name and e-mail address. The provision of this information is mandatory for users who want to become authorized resellers. In addition to this mandatory information, we request information such as current employment, phone and fax. The provision of this information is optional.
- Online surveys: If you desire, you may participate in Plantronics' online surveys. If you choose to participate, we will collect anonymous information about the environment you work in, telephone habits, and demographic information. These surveys are developed in order for us to understand what types of products are most effective for our customers and to find the best ways to advertise to reach new customers. Your participation in our online surveys is entirely voluntary. Plantronics may provide gifts to those individuals who participate in surveys, and will request a mailing address to ship the gift. Plantronics will not use the mailing address or personal information for any purpose other than mailing the gift. You will be given the option to opt-in to receive further emails from Plantronics, including but not limited to marketing emails, advertisements, newsletters and bulletins.
- Online support: When you choose to use the online chat tool for support, the following information is gathered through the creation of an account or use of an existing account: Email address, password, first name, last name, company name, address, city, state, zip, country, phone, telephone number, Plantronics model, phone manufacturer, and phone model. The information, with the exception of the password, is viewable to the support person that is handling the chat. You will be given the option to opt-in to receive further emails from Plantronics, including but not limited to marketing emails, advertisements, newsletters and bulletins. Currently, any information captured through support is not provided to anyone outside of Plantronics.
- Staying in touch: Plantronics may send, e-mail, phone, and SMS communications to customers in accordance with their communication preferences. You can opt-out from these communications at any time by following the instructions under the heading "Your Data Protection Rights".
Information we collect automatically:
- Server logs: As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically from visitors to our Website and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data. We use this information, which does not directly identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track users' movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Plantronics uses personal information for the following purposes:
- Purposes apparent to you: Plantronics uses the personal information it collects primarily for the purposes made apparent to you at the time the information is collected - namely: to facilitate purchases online, to register users' purchases, to process users' resumes or to consider authorized reseller applications. In particular, the users' shipping and billing addresses are used for fulfilling the purchase orders and to bill a user's credit card. The personal information provided in a resume and authorized reseller's application is used to consider the eligibility of the candidates. In addition to the original purpose for which the personal information is collected, we may use the personal information to contact users to confirm information related to his/her order or to advise a user if an item is on back order.
- Communications: In addition, Plantronics also may use users' contact details for the following purposes in accordance with the user's communication preferences:
- for internal surveys to obtain feedback on our products, our Website, or on other aspects of our business that impact you as a Plantronics customer;
- to notify users of new products or services we think may be of interest to them;
- to send promotional materials.
- for our Premier Plantronics Only Distributors' direct marketing purposes.
Users will receive such promotional materials and be contacted by our business partners only if this is in accordance with their communications preferences. Please see "How Can I Unsubscribe?" for more information.
- Testimonials: We display personal testimonials and endorsements of satisfied customers on our Website. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Plantronics discloses personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service providers: From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to organizations that perform services for or on behalf of Plantronics. For example, to provide customer service, deliver products, ship items, process credit cards, for research, marketing, product ratings and reviews, data processing, and to measure the use of our Website. We will share with these companies only that personal information which they need to perform work on our behalf. Your personal information will be provided to these organizations only if they agree to use such information solely for the purpose of providing services to Plantronics, and under the instructions of Plantronics, and with respect to that information, to keep it secure and act in a manner consistent with the relevant principles articulated in this Policy.
- Compliance with law: We may disclose your data to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. For example, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you ask us to delete your personal information we will endeavor to comply with your request in compliance with applicable law, but may need to retain and use some information where necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We may collect information from you in the following ways: 1) with your consent; 2) in order to perform our contractual obligations with you; 3) where the processing of the information is within our legitimate business interests and such business interest is not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; or 4) in order to perform our legal obligations or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another.
If legally permissible, we will inform you that we are collecting your personal information and whether the collection of the information is mandatory or not, including the possible consequences if you do not provide the information requested (e.g., our inability to perform certain requests).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs, forums, and user reviews. You should be aware that any information you provide in these public forums may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from these areas, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We use technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are intended to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Plantronics cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or from our products or services.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country.
Specifically, our Website servers are located in the U.S. and Australia, Singapore and Ireland, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken legal safeguards, including implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with the European Union data protection law.
Further details about the Standard Contractual Clauses we have implemented or the safeguards we have adopted with our third party service providers and partners and further details will be provided upon request.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
You have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of the personal information collected about you. Please direct such requests to Privacy@Plantronics.com. You can make changes to your www.plantronics.com personal preferences at any time by going to the "Customer Sign In" page on our Website. You will need your Logon ID (user name) and password in order to access your personal information.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. Please see the section entitled “How can I unsubscribe?”
All access, correction, update, opt-out and deletion requests will be acknowledged and responded to within 30 days of receipt. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
In addition, if you reside in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you also have the following rights:
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or the right to request the portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at Privacy@Plantronics.com
In the circumstances where you have consented to the collection and processing of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal. Additionally, if the information was collected for another reason (e.g., to perform a contractual obligation, for legitimate business interests that are not outweighed by your data protection interests or for another legally permissible purpose), the withdrawal of your consent will be effective when such purpose no longer exists.
You have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication, by emailing us at email@example.com or you may contact us using the contact details provided below to opt-out.
- Facsimile: (831) 426-2965
- Mail: PLANTRONICS, INC.
c/o Legal Department
345 Encinal Street
Santa Cruz, California 95060
If you have raised a privacy concern with us and are not satisfied with our response, you can escalate your concern through our independent dispute resolution service provider, TRUSTe
Our third party partners may also use other tracking technologies, such as clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons/web bugs), that help us better manage content on our Websites by informing us what content is effective. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users.
We also use clear GIFs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these e-mails, please see "How Can I Unsubscribe?"
We, and our third party partners, use Local Shared Objects (Flash cookies) or Local Storage (HTML 5), to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML 5. To manage Flash, please click here:http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html