Savi 400 Series: How to Change the Range (Density) Setting
The Savi 400 series systems ship with the range set to high. In office environments with many Savi systems in use, reducing the range setting can allow more headsets to work in a dense space by reducing the competition for channels. Note: This feature cannot overcome natural signal reduction that occurs from the environment where the headset is being used; however, it will assist in deployment of multiple headsets in a dense headset environment.
Also note that as you move away from the USB adapter, the headset may use more power to accommodate the increase distance.
You can set the range to high, medium, or low. You can change this setting directly from the USB adapter or via the Plantronics software.
To change the range from the USB adapter:
- Turn off the headset if it has an active link.
- Press and hold the subscription button on the USB adapter for about 3 seconds or until the subscription indicators starts blinking. If the subscription indicator blinks green, the range is set to high
- To set the range to medium, press and hold the subscription button on the USB adapter again, until the subscription indicator light starts blinking yellow.
- To set the range to low, press and hold the subscription button on the USB adapter again, until the subscription indicator light blinks red.
- Click Start > All Programs > Plantronics > Plantronics Control Panel. The Plantronics Control Panel window appears.
- Verify the device you want to make changes to is selected in the Devices drop-down list.
- Click the Device Settings button. The Device Settings window appears.
- From the Range drop-down list, select your desired range setting.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.