MCD100-M Speakerphone: How to Set Up
Article ID :
How do I set up the MCD100-M Speakerphone?
To Connect the USB Speakerphone to a PC
- Connect the USB cable to the USB port on the back of the speakerphone.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the USB port on your computer. A blue light illuminates through the buttons on the top of the unit, indicating the speakerphone is powered on and operating.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the upper left corner.
- Click Tools, and then click Set Up Audio and Video. The Microsoft Office Communicator/Lync Audio and Video wizard appears:
- If the MCD100-M is the only device you're going to use with MOC/Lync, then from the Handset or Headset drop-down list, select the MCD100-M. Otherwise, select the desired device. Click Next. The following screen appears:
- From the Speaker/Microphone or Speakerphone drop-down list, select MCD100-M.
- At this point you may click the Test button to play a tone through the MCD100-M speaker and adjust the speaker volume. For Windows XP the speaker slider will not adjust the volume on MCD100-M (because of how MCD100-M is required to enumerate to meet Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 Certification requirements), so you have to adjust the volume using the MCD100-M volume controls. You can, however, adjust the microphone using the slider. Both sliders operate correctly in Windows Vista. Click Next. The following screen appears:
- Set the audio output location for your Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 program sounds. It is recommended that you use your PC speakers for this setting if you have a sound card and speakers available because system sounds can be distracting when played through MCD100-M during a call. Click Finish.
- For Windows XP, click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices. From there, click the Audio tab and make any further adjustments to MCD100-M settings for Sound Playback (speaker) or Sound Recording (Microphone).
- For Windows Vista, click Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound - Manage Audio Devices. From there, click the Playback tab and make any further adjustments to MCD100-M (speaker) settings. Finally, click the Recording tab and make any further adjustments to the MCD100-M (microphone) settings.