USB Headset Troubleshooting
QuestionMy USB headset is not performing as it should. Is there anything I can do to help this?
AnswerIf you are experiencing issues using your USB headset, try the following:
- Unplug the headset from the PC's USB port and reboot the computer. Do not just restart - perform a complete system shutdown and then turn back on, as this will help clear the memory in the USB ports.
- Plug the headset directly into the PC and not into a hub or docking station. If you are using a desktop, plug your headset into a rear USB port if applicable.
- Make sure the headset is selected as the default device in the PC under both the Sound Recorder and Playback options.
- Under the Playback tab, right click the headset and click the Properties option.
- In the Properties menu go to the Advanced tab, and uncheck the box that says "allow applications to take exclusive control of this devices". Click Apply and then Okay.
- Do the same within the Recording tab.