- Products and Solutions
- Business Solutions
- Personal Audio
- Looking for?
- How to Buy
RIG: How to Set Up with a PS4
Article ID :
How do I set up my RIG headset with a PS4?
Step 1: Prepare Before you set up your RIG with your PS4, you should make sure you:
- Have a TOSlink optical cable, which is sold separately from RIG. This cable can be purchased from your local electronics retailer.
- Have the latest operating system installed on your PS4 (system update 1.50 or newer), as it is required to use the voice communication features of RIG. To do this, follow the steps below:
- In the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, select Settings > System Software Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest operating system.
- Are logged into the PlayStation Network.
- Make sure the boom mic is attached properly to the RIG headset. Insert the 3.5mm plug into the headset jack on the front of the mixer located under the RIG logo tab, on the left side.
- Connect the TOSlink optical cable from the optical input on the rear of the RIG Mixer to the optical output on the back of the PS4.
- Connect the USB cable from the RIG mixer into an available USB port on the PS4.
- In the PlayStation Dynamic menu, go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Primary Output Port > Digital Out (Optical)
- Again, select Audio Output Settings > Output to Headphones > Chat Audio (default) (not All Audio).
- Finally, select Audio Output Settings > Audio Format (Priority) > Linear PCM (default).
If RIG is not detected by the PS4, then Output to Headphones will be grayed out under the Audio Output Settings. If this is the case, simply unplug the RIG USB cable and replug the cable into the PS4. The PS4 will prompt you to assign the “Headset” to a user. At this point, assign it to your user account and the Output to Headphones option should be available to you.
If your voice chat suddenly stops working mid-game, press and hold the PlayStation button for around three seconds to pull up the quick settings. Select Adjust Device and ensure that Volume Control (Headphones) isn’t grayed out and that Output to Headphones is set to Chat Audio and not All Audio.
- Find a good balance of game and voice audio by adjusting the [GAME/CHAT SOUND] balancer on the right side of the mixer (over the orange LEDs). Remember that the 3 o'clock position will enable equal volume of both game and voice audio signal. Sliding the control upward makes game sound louder and voice (game chat) quieter. Sliding the control downward increases voice (game chat) while making game audio quieter