- Products and Solutions
- Business Solutions
- Personal Audio
- Looking for?
- How to Buy
USB Headset Troubleshooting: Audio Issues on a Windows 7 PC
Article ID :
QuestionI have no audio or intermittent audio issues when using a Plantronics USB headset on a Windows 7 PC. What can I do?
AnswerWindows 7 SP1 has numerous fixes for USB audio issues, and it should be installed first. Also, the following Windows 7 USB audio-related hotfixes should then be installed if they aren't already present:
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2529073/en-us - General USB driver update fix
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484031/en-us - Audio stops playing
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2122063/en-us - No audio after sleep wake
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2416007/en-us - Intermittent connect/disconnect
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528984/en-us - Hub issues on Atom CPU
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2653312/en-us - General Windows Audio - Sample rate converter error
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981214/ en-us - There is high CPU usage when using a Full speed USB audio device connected to a USB 2.0 EHCI host controller. When the CPU reaches 100%, it can cause intermittent loss of audio, clicks and crackle sound.
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2721341- Audio stops intermittently