Bluetooth Headsets: How to Pair to a Windows 7 Computer
Article ID :
How do I pair a Plantronics headset with a Windows 7 PC?
To pair your Bluetooth headset to a Windows 7 computer:
- Make sure your computer's Bluetooth chip supports the Headset or Handsfree Bluetooth profile (if your computer has a data-only Bluetooth profile, you cannot pair your headset to it).
- Place your headset into pairing mode.
- On your computer, click Start, and then click Devices and Printers. Note: Depending on your computer's configuration, you may first have to click Control Panel, then Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a Device. The Add a Device windows appears, and immediately starts searching for your headset.
- When your headset appears, select it, and then click Next. Windows connects to your headset.
- If prompted for a passkey, enter "0000" (four zeros), and then click Next.
- Click Close.
- If necessary, right-click the headset icon, and then click Connect.
Tip: If your headset pairs successfully to your computer, but you do not hear any audio in the headset, turn the headset off and then back on again. Also, select the headset as the default audio device for Windows or the application with which you want to use the headset.