How to Uninstall Your USB Headset Using the Device Manager in Windows 7
I'm having issues with my USB headset and want to uninstall it from my PC using the Device Manager. How do I do this?
- Have the USB plugged in and go to Start > Device Manager
- Under Sound, Video & Game Controllers, find the headset you want to uninstall.
- Right click on the headset & click Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled unplug the USB, reboot your PC (completely turn off and back on again) and then plug the USB back into the same USB port.
- You should see a notification that new hardware is being installed.
- Test the headset again.