- Products and Solutions
- Business Solutions
- Personal Audio
- Looking for?
- How to Buy
CT14 Troubleshooting: Searching Appears on Display
Article ID :
QuestionCT14: What to Do if "Searching" Comes Up on the Display
AnswerThese are the steps you can follow if your dial pad says "Searching" on the display and it doesn't respond to any key press:
- Unplug the power cord from back of the base.
- Unplug the battery from the handset and wait 15 seconds.
- Plug the battery back in.
- Plug the power cord back in to the base.
- Wait 30 seconds and you should see the message " Registration Complete"
- Press and hold the End and # buttons for at least five seconds.
- Select "Base Unavailable."
- Select the base you want to de-register from, and press the Sel button.
- The phone will ask you to confirm the de-registration. Select Yes.
- The dial pad deletes its own base information without contacting the base. If the dial pad was registered to only one base, it displays the message "Dial Pad not registered - place dial pad on base to register. See your Owner's Manual for help." If the dial pad is still registered to another base, it searches for the other base and then returns to standby.
- Place the dial pad in the base cradle for several seconds.
- When the dial pad has registered to the base, the LCD will display the message "Registration complete," then show the dial pad number.
If the display shows the message "Registration failed," try the process again.